Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Genealogy #67: Genealogy Genesis

i've never actually researched my family history, but i've always wanted to find out more about where my family came from and how long we've been around. all i know is that i'm 4th generation U.S. born on my dad's side and 3rd on my mom's... i think. anyway i'd probably start out buy talking to family members to find out what they know. i know my 2nd cousin on my mom's side has done a lot of reseach and has pictures and all sorts of goodies, so i can find out alot from her, but my dad's side will be more difficult so i'll start there first since it'll be more difficult. i'm not sure where, how, or from whom i may be able to get pictures and documents from but i guess i can start with my grandmother, see what she has and ask her if she can make copies and either email them to me or mail them. then as i get more information i'll organize it and start inputing the info on some of those geneology sites listed previously. hopefully i won't hit to many snags, but if i do i'll figure something out. it's important to know your family history, or if nothing else then at least you family tree.

No comments: